Our Bag of Hope is a powerful tool in the fight against ovarian cancer. It is provided to newly diagnosed patients for comfort and support.
Have you, a friend or family member been recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer in South Carolina? Hopefully, you live in an area where we have a survivor volunteer available to deliver a Bag of Hope in person. If not, we can probably ship one to you. Please contact our office at 864-373-6306 or firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below to inquire about the options to receive a Bag of Hope for an ovarian cancer patient.
Here’s what you will find in a Bag of Hope:
- A heavy duty tote bag with a water-proof liner to carry to your chemotherapy sessions
- Insulated tumbler to keep lots of cool water close at hand – staying hydrated is important!
- Two pair of comfortable fuzzy slipper socks
- A bottle of hand sanitizer
- Newman’s Own Ginger cookies, ginger mints and chamomile tea to address nausea and other side effects
- Some really sour lemon drops that some say help when chemo interferes with your sense of taste
- Journal and SCOCF pen to track appointments, medications or just your thoughts
- Hand-knitted teal cap made especially for you by local volunteers
- A teal silicone awareness wristband
- Ovarian cancer awareness ribbon lapel pin
- An SCOCF emery board to keep your nails smooth
- A bottle of teal nail polish
- A zippered pouch first aid kit
- A small pack of “Kleenex”
- A stress ball to squeeze all you want!
- A set of “symptom cards” to share ovarian cancer warning signs with others
- An invitation to our monthly survivors’ lunches…Lunch is on us!
Interested in contributing items or sponsoring a Bag of Hope? Our cost is approximately $50 per bag and we welcome designated donations to help cover the expense of providing these high-quality bundles to newly diagnosed patients. You may make a tax-deductible donation on-line through this website or by check payable to SCOCF, mailed to SC Ovarian Cancer Foundation, 110-B Edinburgh CT, Greenville, SC 29607.
Click the button below to donate now!
Please fill out the form below or contact our office to receive a Bag of Hope for an ovarian cancer patient.